Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bob and Belle's "Strawberry Practice Field's Forever"

     Above are two pictures of my practice field.  Taken from differant directions in  differant seasons.  But it's the situs operandus.  Where, if I "get there" in Carbondale Colorado at the National Sheepdogs Finals, I will have started here. 

     Don't be confused.  Belle's seen other fields.  Owned and raised by the Tom and Ruth Hines and trained and qualifed by Angie Coker-Sells.

     But above, in this field, in these two pictures, Bob and Belle's most excellent adventure started.   It's just a normal field, with normal shapes and hills.  Pretty in summer and winter.  It has ups and downs and flat spaces.  I'm comfortable out in this field.  

     I can't present a current picture as it would frighten you.  The sun has settled about 30 feet off the ground and baked the field to a light brown.  Like a pie crust that glows and murmurs, "don't touch me, I'm to hot".   It's a oven during the day, we only venture onto the field early and late.  Sun's Rising, we're there.  Sun's Setting, we're there.

     In the next month up to and including our time at the Nationals I will post pic's of Belle and myself and comments of our time together.    Tom and Ruth Hines are so kind to let me take little Belle to the Nationals.   Angie Coker- Sells is so talented in her training and trained Belle three months ran her in her qualifying trials.  But I have Belle now, and we are getting ready for the National Nursery Trials.    More pictures of her and our adventure are to come.

     Tell anyone about the blogspot if you think they'd enjoy following it.  I can't promise to post every day but I'll do my best.

     Bob Brown and Belle the dog.

1 comment: